Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Translator Speaks

On Monday, I spoke via email to a gentleman who does translations for our company. He is based in Modena, Italy. As we chatted it became clear that his English is limited to technical matters that he makes a nice sum translating for us, but it is good enough for him to express himself. The conversation went as follows:

Me:
Do you watch Calcio? I am an Arsenal fan - big game vs. Roma Wednesday.

Translator:
Roma will win
No doubt about it
Regards

Me:
I hope you’re wrong, obviously.
We shall see.

Translator:
We'll see
X

Me:
When I was younger, I used to watch Calcio every Sunday. I remember the great Roma teams that included Di Bartolomei, Pruzzo, Conti, Falcao, Cerezo et al.

Translator:
I'm not young but I keep watching it every week

Have a great day
Regards
X

_____________________________________________________

Yeah! We shall see, Cunto!
COME ON ARSENAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment