Monday, September 21, 2009

The Carling Cup Begins

For those that clamor for Jack Wilshere's appearance in every Arsenal match (and there are many who think this way), read these words.

"When I first went into the first team dressing room last summer, I thought I was ready to play for Arsenal then. But if you look now at how much I've improved, I wasn't really ready back then to play regularly so obviously the boss knows what he is doing. When I look back I realise he was right to use me how he did."

Those are the words of Jack Wilshere himself.

In other words, Wenger knows what he's doing.

And with players like Sanchez Watt, Francis Coquelin, Carlos Vela, Kyle Bartley and Wojciech Szenscy all lurking in the background, Wilshere isn't the only one who's close to breaking through.

People in Barcelona used to describe Lionel Messi as the crown jewel of their academy. I'm not saying that Wilshere will end up even half the player that Messi is. All I'm saying is, he's almost ready and just enjoy what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment