Friday, November 6, 2009

Mick McCarthy

Mick McCarthy either looks like an American Bald Eagle or Bert from Sesame Street.

Last week, after getting the rub of the green on two different calls, he said this:

"We've had a few go against us this season and I've accepted them with good grace, it's about time someone else had to. Brilliant. Superb."

That quote made me laugh, and I find him to be an entertaining man overall. When he was last in the Premier League with Sunderland, he routinely called it like it is, mainly calling his team pathetic.

After all these years, I do not know whether he is a good manager or not. I do know that he's good enough to win promotion to the Premier League routinely.

Yesterday, he said:

"I won't be sat with a beer in my hand thinking we just let them roll us over and tickle our belly. We will try to play on the front foot. It is not written in stone under Premier League rules that Wolves can't get anything off Arsenal."

That made me laugh as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment