Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It Was Bound To Happen

I have the luxury of leaving work to watch matches. There's no doubting how valuable that freedom can be. When you're away on business however, that freedom doesn't mean as much.

It's been a long time since I have missed an Arsenal match. To miss this one leaves me gutted. I am gutted obviously because I have missed the game but more so because we've lost to Scum. They'll probably make a DVD now to commemorate the day.

Frankly, after 11 years and 20 matches, it was bound to happen at some point. Some Gooners have expressed fear each time we've played Spurs, knowing that the day would come. That it came under the current circumstances will make sleeping tonight very difficult.

By all accounts, our title dreams are done and dusted. On current form, it's hard to see Chelsea drop any more points. To make matters worse, the prospect of facing a rampant Manchester City in ten days is in itself pretty daunting with Vermaelen injured.

I wish I could say more about the match but all I saw were highlights. I saw our goalkeeper punch a ball to a Spurs player whom I've never heard of and then he failed to position himself to defend the ensuing volley. I saw Mikael Silvestre do a poor job of stopping Gareth Bale from scoring to make it 2-0.

Bendtner's effort on 85 turned out to be mere consolation. I have that empty feeling that's all too familiar at this time of year. It needs to be addressed.

Keep the faith.

since November 1999 - a run of 20 games

No comments:

Post a Comment