Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gifts and Staying Up At Night

Christmas means very little to me but I have no problem with people celebrating it. Gift giving is a good thing. The anticipation is like watching a 15-pass sequence built from the back. Spotting a well-wrapped gift with your name on it is like seeing an inch perfect, defence-splitting through ball being delivered. The finish is like the moment you finally hold the gift that you really wanted, smiling from ear to ear.

If I had to make a wish list, the top five things that I would want are:
1 - World peace
2 - Mass distribution of a free anti cancer pill
3 - Free food for all the children in the world
4 - Free education for all the children in the world
5 - Seeing Arsene Wenger raise the EPL trophy this season

The likelihood of seeing the first four things happen during my lifetime is even less than Arsene signing me to replace Alex Song next month. The fifth is realistic. It would be even more realistic if we had a top class goalkeeper. It would be probable if we got that goalkeeper and a top striker to complement Andrei Arshavin in Robin's absence.

I wonder how many keepers and strikers with the required ability, temperament, and class wish that they could join Arsenal. You hear name after name mentioned as potential targets. The closer we get to the new year, the more names we'll hear but only Arsene knows what/who he wants.

Will we get a good keeper?
Will we get a goal scorer?
Will we get gift no. 5?

It's just past 3 a.m. Now you now what keeps me up at night. I'll probably be here at the same time tomorrow thinking about the lineup for Sunday. If you're reading this, I'm sure you can relate.

Happy Holidays everybody!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment