Monday, July 26, 2010

The NYC North London Derby

So I'm trying to organize a 5-a-side match in New York against the NYC Spurs Supporters Club. They hang out at Floyds in Brooklyn next door to the Chip Shop which is an Arsenal bar.

The match - 1886 v NYC Spuds would be a first in America and if popular would attract interest and attention from Gooners around the world.

The ideal time to play this match would be either when the real North London derby is taking place or on a U.S. public holiday - like Labor Day.

Players of 1886 would be representing Arsenal fans of New York.

So far we have three players.

We need a keeper.

All players must be Arsenal fans. Your nationality doesn't come into the equation.

We will be wearing the traditional red Arsenal tops.

A trophy will be awarded to the winning team.

Bermuda Boys - are you in?

Keep it Arsenal

El Cunto

3 comments:

  1. Can you send me the official info so I can spread this to the NYC Arsenal Supporters Group? I think we can wrangle together some lads. Also, we've began meeting at the Blind Pig on 14th St in the City, and it is officially all Arsenal, so I hope I can persuade you to pay us a visit sometime.

    COYG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also linked this post on our Facebook group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a keeper and a gooner. Where do I sign?

    ReplyDelete