Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Theo Axed by Capello - So What?


I don't feel sorry for Theo Walcott. I support him as an Arsenal player but indifference is probably the best description for how I feel about him. His exclusion from the England team makes no difference to me. I only care about him living up to the hype that once made signing him seem like a good move.

A guy once told me that I want Theo to fail. Silly! I wanted Senderos to do well for Arsenal, no matter how much I disapproved of him. I want anyone who wears the Arsenal shirt to do well. Theo is no exception.

William Gallas was vilified when he made true statements about Walcott. Chris Waddle has stated that Theo doesn't have a football brain. Fabio Capello has done what any sensible coach would do.

If Theo ever becomes the player we thought we paid for, splendid! But really, would you bet your house on it? Risky at best at this point.

If he learns the things he was supposed to learn from being deployed wide right, tremendous! Maybe then we'll see more consistency from him. That would be magnificent.
In the meantime, he can work on improving his strength. The decision making part is kinda tricky though. I wish I had an answer.

And if all else fails, he can continue writing children's books. Come to think of it, Theo looks like the type who has never been late returning library books. That said, here's some recommended summer reading for our no. 14:


-Bambi by Siegmund Salzmann
-Fox In Socks by Dr. Seuss and Theodore Geisel
-The Good Lion by Don Brown
-The Cat Who Wished to Be a Man by Lloyd Alexander
-My Inner Child Wrote a Best Seller by Joseph Digangi
-Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
-Coaching for Character by Craig Clifford and Randolph Feezell
-The Drama of the Gifted Child: The Search for the True Self by Alice Miller
-The Great Brain by John D. Fitzgerald and Mercer Mayer
-Tell Me What It's Like to Be Big by Joyce Dunbar and Debi Gliori
-Lift Every Voice: Expecting the Most and Getting the Best From All of God's Children by Walter Turnbull and Howard Manly
-Go for the Goal: Techniques and Strategies for the Complete Soccer Player by Stuart Murray

Keep the Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment